Twitter is an open network where users make a lot of tweets and retweets every second.
Whenever you post a tweet you would expect some retweets from followers so that your tweet is reached a relevant audience in no time.
So everybody wishes to get more retweets and hungry to know how it can be done.
However, it is also important to find most retweeted tweet for any account, hashtag campaign, brand mention to make the right marketing decisions.
In this blog post, we will learn how to find most retweeted tweets and how we can use this information in branding.
If you want to skip reading the post and find the most retweeted tweet for your twitter account or hashtag campaign. Check socialert sample report.
Let’s first learn about the basics of retweets.
Select Your Favorite Option
- How To Find Most Retweeted Tweet
- What are tweets and retweets?
- What are the benefits of getting retweets?
- How a tweet can be the most retweeted tweet?
- How to Find the Most Retweeted Tweet?
- What is the most retweeted tweet of all time?
- Tweet metrics apart from most retweeted tweets using socialert
How To Find Most Retweeted Tweet
What are tweets and retweets?
According to twitter retweet is the re-posting of a Tweet. Twitter’s Retweet feature helps the user to quickly share the content of Tweet with all of your followers. You can Retweet your own Tweets or Tweets from someone else whether you follow them or not.
What are the benefits of getting retweets?
When used wisely, retweets often lead to reach more and the right audience because of the following reasons.
- The retweet is done by people who have the same interests as you have.
- Retweets share your tweet with their followers. Hence more people interact with your tweet.
- If followers of retweeters like your tweet they may follow you.
- There are also chances that followers of re-tweeters would retweet your tweet.
Let’s learn how you can get more retweets.
How a tweet can be the most retweeted tweet?
If you are running hashtag campaign for any brand you would like to get more retweets on your tweets so that hashtag is reached to right audience.
Getting more retweets means you have more impressions on your hashtag tweets which is very important.
On another hand, if you are promoting any Twitter account you would also want to get more retweets so that your account get more exposure.
So, how to get these retweets? here are some tricks.
#1. Tweet at the right time when your followers are active.
#2. Use relevant hashtags so that more people look at your tweets even if they are not your followers.
#3. Ask for retweets using tweets and DM’s
#4. Use links and images in your tweets.
#5. Retweets other users tweet so they also retweet your content
#6. Use quotes and reply to other tweets from time to time.
So use these tactics and get more retweets. Check this guide for writing better tweets that got retweeted.
How to Find the Most Retweeted Tweet?
There may be three use cases if you want to find most retweeted tweet.
#1. You are looking for the most retweeted tweet of your account
#2. Searching most retweeted tweet of the particular influencer. It helps to know the most liked content for their users.
#3. You need to know the most retweeted tweet of the hashtag campaign.
#4. Your brand is mentioned by users. You want to know the most retweeted tweet among those tweets mentioning brand Twitter handle.
How to Find the Most Retweeted Tweet using the Twitter search and tools?
If you want to search retweets using Twitter you just need to use Twitter’s advanced search operators and find the data.
Let’s try the Tweet posted from @socialertdotnet having minimum 5 retweets.
Since I am looking for my most retweeted tweet I need to use the Twitter search operator and manually scroll the data with some hit and try.
Instead, If I can use a Twitter account tracking tool like socialert, I can find the most retweeted tweets in the top tweets itself.
Even I can download tweets of any user in a sheet and do the analytics on them too.
If you are doing marketing for any brand you can find the most retweeted tweet of someone else twitter account using the same tactics. brands generally need this information to check the influence of users on a particular topic.
Now move to these use cases #3 where you need to know the most popular tweet of branded hashtag campaign.
How to Find the Most Retweeted Tweet on hashtag using the Twitter search and tools?
You may need this data for one of the below purposes.
- You want to know which users most retweeted during the campaign. They will have the most popular tweets of the campaign. You will learn the kind of tweets your audience likes. Also, this particular user should be the most liked tweeter for your campaign.
- You want to find influencers for the upcoming hashtag campaign. In this case, you would like to do a historical tweet analysis of competitor hashtag data or your branded hashtag data.
- You want to analyze competitor branded hashtags to find influencers you shall need for the next branded campaigns.
Now we will check how this can be done by searching Twitter hashtag data on the Twitter interface.
Again we need to do some hit and try. Also If we need to check more details about retweeters we need to do it manually.
If you use socialert to analyze these historical hashtag data and retweets. You will not get top tweets on hashtag campaigns easily. you can set up real time hashtag tracking or you can analyze old tweets of hashtags. In both cases, you will get top tweets in the hashtag campaign.
Even we find most retweeters users in hashtag report who do retweets on tweets with their retweet count on the hashtag.
There are other important metrics as well in the report instead of searching Twitter hashtag posts manually. These metrics are
- Users whose tweets are most retweeted.
- Hashtags and keywords used mostly in the tweets.
- Reach and impression generated on the hashtag.
If you would like to most retweeted tweet from the users who shared your brand handle in the tweet that can also be done using Twitter search as well socialert. We have one detailed blog on tracking Twitter mentions here.
However, you would find socialert is the absolute solution for tracking Twitter account, hashtags, keywords, etc.
What is the most retweeted tweet of all time?
The most retweeted tweet in Twitter history is Yusaku Maezawa who is a Japanese billionaire, promising money to 100 people.
It was a money giveaway. For this one, it was to follow Maezawa’s company, ZOZO, and retweet during Christmas and new year period. He promised to split 100m yen between 100 randomly chosen people.
You can check this Twitter blog link as well for the most retweeted tweets on Twitter in 2020.
As you have seen that finding most retweeted tweets using the Twitter search interface is time-consuming. It also does not provide you insights about users like
- What is the number of tweets for a hashtag along with hashtag top users?
- What time your followers are active and you get more hashtag impressions on Twitter.
- Find influencers users most retweeted on a particular hashtag.
- Track followers of any competitor account and know their top followers.
- What links and hashtags are being used by the particular user.
These twitter stats are important for anyone.
If you wish to get these twitter stats for your Twitter account or hashtag click here.