Do you want your brand to conquer social media management in 2017?
Yet, you might be struggling to generate the following you aspire for. With a growing number of social networks to manage, managing all the tasks manually can become a hassle.
Plus, with customers becoming savvier by the day, social media management will only get tougher. You have to be ready to face the challenges and overcome them.
While there is no dearth of tools you can use for social media management, not all of them are made equal or offer the same features. Therefore, selection can be a tricky process.
Thankfully, there are tools available for virtually every goal you may wish to achieve on social media.
Social Media Posts Scheduling
#1 – HootSuite (Winner)
HootSuite is by far the best tool you can use for scheduling posts on social media. Upon signing up, the tool will ask you to choose the social media accounts you want to link to your HootSuite account, which include Facebook and Twitter.
You can start scheduling posts almost immediately, with the scheduler given at the top of the screen. You can type in your message directly and choose the date and time at which it should be published.There is a handy Wise Guide at the bottom right of the screen from where you can choose the task you wish to perform. Along with scheduling posts, you can also monitor mentions and share posts across multiple accounts.
The Analytics feature of the tool is still in BETA mode and will go live in the near future.Even with a free account, you can schedule a post and then use the Publisher tab on the left sidebar to view the post you have scheduled. The all-in-one interface makes using the tool easy, even for beginners.
- Add Multiple Social Media Accounts: You can schedule posts for Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media profile you have without hassle. You can set up a post across all networks simultaneously.
- Brand Monitoring: You can check the mentions, direct messages, and replies on your accounts through the simple all-in-one dashboard.
- Multiple Payment Plans: Pricing starts at $9.99 and you can scale up as your needs change.
- Reliable and Accurate Analytics: You can use the data provided by the Analytics feature to make informed decisions.
- The features are limited during the Free Trial
- The all-in-one dashboard can get cluttered, though the design ensures minimal distraction
Price: Starts at $9.99 a month
#2 – Agorapulse
Agorapulse is a handy social media management tool. You can schedule posts conveniently through the user-friendly interface. The tool also provides a number of other handy features that you can use for managing your social media accounts, such as checking the performance of the posts you have published and comparing it with your competitors. You get a handy report that you can use for measuring the results from your posts, including fan ranking.
- Free Trial: You can avail a free trial and assess the tool before signing up. No credit card is required for the free trial.
- Advanced Publishing Queue: Set up multiple posts across different social media accounts with ease.
- Smart Inbox: You get notifications from your social media accounts directly in your Agorapulse inbox.
- Measure Fan Rankings: Check the rankings of your best fans and followers on your social media profiles.
- You can avail only limited features during the free trial
Price: Starts from $49
#3 – Buffer
Buffer can help you schedule posts as well as track basic analytics related to your posts. You can gauge the performance of your posts and determine the best time for posting and also decide which type of posts perform the best with your followers and fans on different social media accounts. You can also manage your social media presence using this tool.
- Easy Post Scheduling: You can schedule posts on your social media profiles using the drag and drop interface, which is among the easiest to use in the market.
- Instagram Support: This feature will come in handy for brands relying on Instagram for promotion and marketing.
- Post Analytics: You can generate reports to measure the performance of your individual posts on all social media accounts.
- Limited Analytics: If you want in-depth analytics for your posts, Buffer is not the best tool.
Price: Starts from $99
#4 – CoSchedule
CoSchedule is among the most economical post scheduling tools you will find for social media management. You can schedule posts on social media as well as blog posts, which makes it a handy tool. You can also track your social media analytics using this tool, gauging the performance of your posts. CoSchedule also allows you to share posts that you may have published previously.
- Cost-Effective: Starting from $9 a month, this is among the most economical social media management tools you will find.
- Free Trial: You can try the tool for free, without using a credit card, before you sign up, making your subscription risk-free.
- Covers Most Social Media Accounts: CoSchedule can be connected to your Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts, along with others. You can set up an editorial calendar that conveniently publishes the posts you have scheduled.
- Customer Service: CoSchedule has been praised for its round the clock customer service.
- WordPress Compatibility: You can connect the tool to WordPress and enhance usability.
- Doesn’t Connect to LinkedIn: Buffer doesn’t work with LinkedIn and a couple of other social networks.
Price: Starts from $9
For Scheduling Posts with Analytics or Automation Feature:
#5 – Post Planner
Post Planner is the ultimate tool for finding, planning, and scheduling posts with better and more engaging content for boosting your site’s reach and reputation. It allows brands to discover amazing content, while leveraging 24/7 automated scheduling. The tool can be used on your laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone and even offers smart analytics for Twitter and Facebook.
- Cheap Pricing – Post Planner provides great value for your money. Starting at $7 per month, it is one of the most inexpensive SMM tools available.
- Easy to Set Up – The SMM tool has a helpful blog that gives users all the information they need, along with solving common questions/queries.
- Works on All Social Media Platforms – Post Planner can be connected to almost all popular social media platforms, making it an efficient tool for automating content scheduling.
- Lengthy Cancellation Process – If the tool doesn’t work out for your brand, you need to give a 60-days notice of cancellation.
#6 – Meet Edgar
Meet Edgar is a reliable tool for SM scheduling. It enables you to schedule posts for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and many other networks. What makes this tool different from others is its addition of categories for content. This proves to be highly useful in streaming your content to different social media platforms.
- Easy to Create Content – Meet Edgar is great for creating planned posts. You can create topics to talk about on a particular day or week, like #HappyMonday
- Detailed Analytics – When you post your content on social media networks, you receive in-depth analytics regarding its engagement, number of clicks, shares, etc. Giving you a snapshot of what works with your audience.
- Free Trial – Meet Edgar offers a free trial that lasts for two weeks for anyone who wants to give the SMM tool a try.
- Pricy – Basic plans start at $49 per month. It’s a huge commitment.
#7 – Sprout Social
Sprout Social is the perfect tool for your SMM and customer service department. It enables you to schedule content and reply/engage with customers using the tool itself. Not only is it incredibly easy to understand and use, but it also proves to be pretty intuitive. The software is constantly being equipped with more features for reporting and analytics too.
- Calendar View – For automated scheduling, a calendar view is something unique that allows you to see exactly what dates and what time posts have been scheduled.
- Schedule Posts for Multiple Days – You can schedule posts for multiple days, while specifying the time you would like them to be posted.
- Good Reporting Features – Its remarkable reporting and analytics tools make it easier to generate last minute reports for your content.
- Limited number of social networks – Unlike Hootsuite, Sprout Social only functions across four networks: LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
#8 – Tailwind
Tailwind is another reliable tool for scheduling automated posts with analytics. It enables users to quickly place orders and quotes, thanks to its ready-made templates. There is also a POD import tool, along with fuel bill importing, customer rate history, GPS integration, and Electronic data interchange (EDI). Businesses can even leverage dispatch and shipment tracking.
- Setting Schedule is Easy – You can set the exact time of the day to post your content at. The tool even gives you suggestions for scheduling based on when your audience is most active.
- Good Customer Service – Tailwinds team definitely cares about its customers. You can feel assured to receive instant responses and help for any issue or problem.
- Decide How Many Pins a Day – You can choose as to how many pins you want to upload per day on Pinterest.
- Less Engagement – Less likely to like, repin, or comment on pins as they pop up.
Content Creation and Data Management
#9 – Evernote
Evernote is the perfect data management and content creation tool that enables you to share, collect, and nurture ideas across both: mobile and desktop platforms. It is designed for efficient archiving, organizing, and note taking, making it a good choice for social media marketers. You can even snap photos, save documents, and record audio.
- Never Lose Your Documents – Evernote is the perfect place for storing all content and notes. All your data is saved and backed up regularly.
- Sync Across Multiple Devices – Your content and note data can easily be synced on other devices, mobile or desktop.
- Archive Notes with Mobile Camera – This useful feature ensures you never lose your notes.
- Tough to Use – There’s a lengthy learning curve for figuring out how many ways you can use this tool for content creation and data management. Not enough guides to help you solve common questions and queries.
#10 – Pocket
This handy Google Chrome Extension for content creation and data management is a huge time-saver when it comes to staying updated with the latest news and industry content. The tool is like your Pinterest for content. If you find anything worth reading later, put it in your pocket. It’s an interesting solution that enables you to quickly save stories you want to read.
- Widely Supported – The Google Extension offers good 24/7 support in the form of live chat, email, and phone. This ensures you can instantly gain answers to confusions about the tool.
- Access Links Via Mobile App – If you’ve saved something on your desktop browser, you can easily read the articles saved via Pocket’s Mobile Application.
- Items can pile up over time – You will need to clear out saved items in order to view them efficiently and conveniently.
- Can’t Share Items with Multiple Users – You cannot share “saved” list to other users.
For Content Creation on Blog Comments
#11 – Disqus
Available for existing blogging platforms like Blogger, WordPress, and Tumblr, Disqus is a content creation tool that can also be directly integrated into a custom HTML site. The tool comes with plenty of amazing features like appearance customization, white listing and blacklisting, Akismet integration, spam filtering, and comment moderation.
- Real-Time Discussions – Comments are revealed in real-time, enabling users to successfully build an active community of viewers that engage in quality discussions.
- Find additional content – The discovery feature of Disqus, allows users to search content on your site and the Disqus network, guaranteeing an increase in referral traffic and longer visits.
- User Analytics – The intuitive and responsive dashboard provides good information for users commenting, including likes from other users, user reputation, and post approval rating.
- Confusing At Times – Improvement in user-experience is needed, as customizing content can sometimes get confusing.
#12 – Intense Debate
This software was created by the same owners of WordPress and is another popular content creation system on blog comments. It can easily be installed on Typepad, Tumblr, Blogger, WordPress, and other custom sites. With plenty of amazing features, you can easily tailor your comments to appeal to users. You also have analytics features available.
- Social Commenting – Intense Debate allows users to login and comment from their social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter directly.
- Subscription Settings – Gives users the ability of subscribing to comment threads using email subscriptions and RSS feeds.
- User Reputations – Based on the history and credibility of comments on your site, commenters are assigned specific reputations. You have the option to display/hide reputation indicators.
- No Import Feature – Intense Debate doesn’t allow you to import files from other sources.
- Slow Tech Support – The customer and tech support team aren’t that responsive.
Visual Content Creation Tools:
#13 – Canva
While Canva may not have animated video features and web stories, it is the perfect tool for creating and editing images. Available as a web application, you have plenty of customization options for creating unique images. You also have the ability of choosing images from preset dimensions. You can upload multiple custom photos for creating designs.
- Plethora of Font Choices – Perhaps the best thing about Canva is the ability to choose from a wide range of font choices with a huge variety of colors.
- Add Styling to Designs – To make your images look more appealing and give a personalized look, you can add banners, icons, and plenty of other elements.
- Purchase Premium Photos – You can easily purchase premium icons, photos, and banners directly from the web application.
- Time Intensive – While Canva does give users a lot of flexibility, creating a graphic may take lots of time.
- Can’t Change Dimensions – Once you have started customizing an image, you don’t have the ability of changing the dimensions.
#14 – PiktoChart
This tool is perfect for when you want to create infographics. It is easy to use and offers plenty of freedom for editing and building infographics that generate traffic and engagement. You have plenty of interactive maps, design-driven charts, resizable canvas, and categorized icons to utilize for infographics. Best part of all: all customization tools are laid out in a convenient and easy to understand manner.
- Huge Library of Templates – One of the best things about PiktoChart is its huge library, which contains over 200 infographics templates.
- Import Data – PiktoChart grants users the ability to import survey results or data from Microsoft Excel, SurveyMonkey, and Google Sheets.
- Plenty of Customization Features – The tool offers users a wide range of customization tools for editing infographics, making them more appealing in terms of design and style.
- Need for Paid Version – In order to leverage the best and most intricate infographics templates, you need to opt for a paid account.
15 – Wideo
As the name implies, this tool is perfect for creating and editing videos. It is an online video creation platform that can be used for free. You can choose your own music, images, and backgrounds for the creation of videos. The online software even offers special packages for teams, discounts for students and educators, free video hosting, unlimited HD downloads, and video analytics.
- Easy to Use – Wideo offers a simple interface that makes video creation an easy task. You have plenty of options for creating custom animations.
- Wide Selection of Styling – You have plenty of customization features for fonts, objects, templates, and audio to make your videos more appealing.
- Interactive Elements – You can even add contact forms and clickable buttons on videos.
- Limited Audio Editing Tools – Wideo doesn’t offer much versatility for audio editing, but considering it’s a free tool, you have a reasonable amount of options.
Content Sharing and Stories Tools
#16 – Storify
This site enables you to select a topic and then search for related Flickr photos, Facebook comments, Twitter tweets, and news articles, which you can drag and drop into an embeddable multimedia collage for creating a story. It is a half social media tool and half blog platform that blends original content with videos, photos, and comments from other users into a new and more intriguing format.
- Blend Original Content – Storify users have the ability of blending their content with other multimedia available on the internet for producing something creative and appealing.
- Simple Editing Tools – Similar to online blogging software, Storify offers users a range of simple editing tools.
- Notify Creators – For comments, videos, and images created by other users, Storify automatically notifies creators, if you plan on using the source material.
- No Image Upload Feature
- Difficulty in browsing for new people to follow
For Lead Generation & Sales:
#17 – Socedo
This tool is perfect for making the best out of your Twitter efforts. It increases your sales significantly by attracting the maximum amount of leads to your marketing funnels by automatically identifying your target audience and prospective customers. You can easily convert your Twitter audience into customers, while providing personal messages to your leads rather than those auto-generated messages.
- Boost in Sales – Socedo allows for quick lead generation, enabling you to create an effective sales pipeline for your business.
- Free Trial Available – To test run the software and determine whether it suits your business needs, there is a free trial available.
- Lead Data – By using the tool, you can gain crucial information about social behavioral data into your marketing automation platform.
- Clunky Dashboard – While Socedo provides an excellent Twitter marketing platform, the overall user-experience is average.
#18 – Marketo
Marketo provides a complete, easy-to-use, and powerful marketing platform that can be used by global enterprises and small companies alike. It is the best tool for improving sales performance, generating more win-ready leads, delivering more campaigns, and streamlining marketing processes. The tool offers a lot of expert guidance and comprehensive services for better lead generation. It is also extremely intuitive and proves to be a great mid-range marketing automation tool.
- Quick Response – Marketo is a remarkable tool that performs the most complex of tasks in lesser time. The support team also answers your questions/queries instantly.
- Use Community Ideas – The tool has built its own community that regularly posts tech and SM related content. Marketo uses community ideas to improve UI.
- Many Customization Options – Many options for working with lists, profiling, and emailing.
- Poor Customer Support – Some customers complained that they could only reach the support team after informing that they were cancelling the account.
For Managing Communities and Content Curation
#19 – Flipboard
Flipboard is the ultimate tool for gathering information from website blogs, social networks, and news publications. User can even make their magazines by selecting “flip it”. This option enables users to share and republish followers. With over 34,000 topics to choose from, you can easily create content, while managing different communities. It is also a single place to keep up on the latest news and happenings in your industry.
- Personalized Magazines – Flipboard gives users the ability to collect the content from other websites and collate them into a magazine, which can be shared to your readers.
- Polished UI – The software is incredibly easy-to-use and has a polished, magazine-style layout that is user-friendly.
- Social Integration – Flipboard can easily be integrated to LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, and Facebook for pulling information.
- Excessive Ads – There are no subscription plans, only a free version that features tremendous ads. No way of removing them.
#20 – Scoop.it
This tool allows for instant content publishing than any other social media automation application. Posts can instantly be shared across multiple SM platforms with the push of a button. You can easily search for content to gain ideas. At the same time, you have all the freedom from writing all of your own content. Scoop.it also offers a user-friendly KPI dashboard.
- Smart Content Calendar – This useful feature from Scoop.it enables users to manage their content the best way possible.
- Great Support – Scoop.it doesn’t fail to impress in offering top-level customer support to solve queries/questions of anyone experiencing trouble with the tool.
- WordPress Integration – For easy content creation, the tool can be integrated with WordPress sites and blogs.
- Slow Refresh Rate – Users want to leverage the utmost speed when using SaaS applications. The software needs an improvement concerning refresh rate.
#21 – Socialert
If you’re looking for a reliable tool that enables you to analyze your competition, keywords, and brand mentions on Twitter, there is no better option than Socialert. The tool is best for performing website analytics, helping you pave the way for better future content strategies. Socialert can also provide hashtag analytics reports.
- Detailed Analytics – The software analyzes 300 tweets from the last seven days for every free use to get a trial on how the tool works.
- Hashtag Monitoring – The tool provides a more detailed approach to studying hashtags, which most analytics tools don’t offer.
- Graphic Reports – To understand the keywords you need to add for ranking better, the tool offers detailed and easy-to-understand graphic reports.
- Only Works for Twitter – The tool can only be used for analyzing Twitter mentions, activity, and potential growth.
- Full-Keyword Analysis – To get a complete report on the keyword analysis, users have to purchase the tool. Need of a free trial is crucial.
Do you want to take your business to the next level and boost your SM marketing and management? If so, then perhaps it’s time you considered making use of the above mentioned tools for scheduling posts, creating content, managing data, creating visuals, sharing content and stories, generating leads/sales, and managing communities and content curation.